/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Golly, how she rolls!

1830 hrs
“When was the last time you did something for the first time?” It’s my first time on a vessel of any decent size. As I check in, collect my boarding pass and excitedly walk the plank into Eurostar Barcelona, the world of Tintin again materializes around: decks, cabins, lifeboats and portholes. Alan the First Mate is missing but it is funny how many times during these travels one gets to experience firsthand what was first read in a Tintin or an Asterix or in another such window to the world.

2030 hrs
The lights of Barcelona just fade from view when the strong breeze on the uppermost deck turns into a rain-laden gale. A rough night ahead, I reckon, as the ferry rolls first to port, then to starboard and then back to port again. I spend a couple of Euros on Virtua Tennis on the onboard arcade but when the stomach turns wobbly, I call it a night – my first one on the high seas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home