/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */

Monday, October 17, 2005

Art attack at the Louvre

Cergy le Haut’s distance from Paris has taken toll and I leave with backpack for Musee du Lovure. How’s the Louvre? Exhausting! The backpack’s a mistake as I trudge through floors and acres of millions of paintings, sculptures and every imaginable thing a museum can hold. Attempts to capture the place on the Canon are quickly abandoned.

1630

It’s with some relief that I finally find my way out of the Louvre. An hour of sitting at the base of Arc de Triompf and gazing at passers by, another walk down Champs-Elysees and pop-ins into a couple of Parissy shops and a couple of by-lanes later, I work my way through the metro to Gare de Austerlitz for the train home. Paris has turned out to be underwhelming…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home